GCH Open Week
All inclusive Villa based cycle Holidays for every ability
The ideal opportunity for single travelers and small groups to join together and enjoy everything GCH has to offer;
2023 Start Dates
- 11th March
- 8th April
- 22nd April – Coached Week
- 29th April
- 27th May – Fully Booked (Contact us for waiting list)
- 10th June – Tasty Ride Week
What to expect
- Self-guided routes designed for you, choose to ride with the rest of the group or on your own using the Route provided.
- Cycle as much or as little as you like
- From the moment you arrive you will be looked after by your Host with everything taken care of from transfers to meals and route planning.
- Enjoy amazing cycling on quiet roads with epic scenery and varied terrain.
- Top class food cooked by your host and award winning chef using fresh local ingredients, many of which are sourced from the GCH garden
- Post ride beer or recovery shakes in the GCH garden!
Evia really is a cyclist’s paradise, A true hidden gem. The 2nd biggest of the Greek islands and joined to the mainland via a bridge or short ferry you have access to unlimited and selection of routes from flat coastal roads to Epic Mountain passes. You will find everything here. Evia has been largely untouched by mass tourism so here you will see the real rural Greece with many routes passing through tiny villages and deserted roads.
The week’s itinerary will be made especially for you based on your requests.
Obviously in a social week there may be difference in abilities and wishes between guests, but don’t worry we have this covered with longer, shorter, harder or easier versions of the same routes. Ride together for some, or all of the ride, join up with the others for coffee stops, or meet for a post ride beer by the sea and compare your Strava stats!
The choice is yours.
Evia is the second largest island in Greece. Athens, the Greek capital is only an hour’s drive away. With a small population it is not hard to escape the crowds!
The villa is located 1.5km from the center of Eretria, one of Greece’s most ancient towns, with evidence of human activity as early as the Neolithic period (3500-3000 BC) found on the Acropolis as well as in the surrounding areas. Now a modern seaside resort with all the attractions you would expect, nice beaches, bars , restaurants and tavernas it is popular with Athenians looking for an escape from city life.
Whether you are a serious cyclist wanting some strenuous training in the mountains (the island tops out at 1743m), or prefer to do some more leisurely riding and taking in the numerous sights and attractions Evia has to offer, then this is a holiday for you. With rugged barren mountains, lush forests, km’s of coastline, wonderful beaches, a pleasant climate, ancient monuments and traditional Greek villages there is a lot to enjoy about Evia
Your home for the week is the GCH Villa, Spacious and equipped with everything you need for relaxing time off the bike to The GCH villa comfortably sleeps 8 people in 4 twin rooms and 2 bathrooms. With a spacious living room and kitchen there is ample space to be comfortable. As with traditional Greek life most of the time is spent outdoors and the GCH Villa has fantastic outdoor space and the dedicated BBQ & bar area is ideal for relaxing on an evening and into the night. For those that enjoy a cool beer the bar Is equipped with a draft beer chiller. Especially refreshing in a frozen glass!
At the bottom of the garden you will find tranquility and recovery from your days ride a with a hot tub and relaxation area. Finally, for all you Strava and Facebook addicts, the house is equipped with Wi-Fi
- 4 Twin Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Kitchen and Living Room
- Outdoor BBQ and Patio Area
- Hot tub
- Spacious Garden and Sun Patio
- Secure Bike Storage
- Workshop and tools
- Laundry facilities
- Vegetable garden
Many of our guests are genuinely surprised at the quality of food they get despite the fact that I have been cooking in some of London and Athens top kitchens for over 20 years…. Menus are prepared prior to your arrival based on your likes and requests, so you can be assured you won’t be served dishes you will not want to eat. As all the food is home-cooked from fresh ingredients we can also take any dietary requirements in our
Away from the Cycling…
The villa is situated in Eretria, a small summer resort popular with Athenians, just 2 km away from the seafront and beach and numerous selections of cafes, bars and restaurants.
Also there are other numerous extra activities that can be arranged upon request including:
- Athens Day trip
- Winery tour and wine tasting
- Guided Walking or hiking tours
- Archaeology tour
- Reflexology massage
- Sailing tour
2023 Price EUR 840 pppw inc. Bike hire
Single supplement EUR450
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT 450 EUROS
- 7 Nights’ accommodation based on sharing a twin room
- Airport transfers for you and your bike
- Customized cycling itinerary
- Self-guided rides with Preloaded GPS with route and maps
- Buffet style breakfast
- 3 Course quality home cooked evening meal
- Well stocked “help yourself” bar including Wine, lager on draught and spirits
- Energy drinks and snacks
- Emergency van support
- Carbon Bike Hire
- Extra activities and day trips
- Travel insurance
The rides are planned meticulously to ensure the routes are viable, the road surfaces away from the main towns are excellent and provide no rolling resistance whatsoever and all of the climbs are designed to give even the hardest, fittest and lightest of frames a great workout each and every day!Keith Guest, Manilla Cycling Training Week Feb 2018